Be a part of this camp and learn about them and their importance in the environment. Some of the activities covered in this camp will be cleaning enclosures, guided tour, show/tell, taxonomy studies and other fun and informative activities. This workshop is open for kids (age group: 7 to 15 years). Parents can accompany the kids at an additional cost. For more information please send us a mail to email@example.com
· Coming from Chennai: If you’re coming from Chennai, we are on the ECR, straight down past Muttukaadu boat house. Travel time should be an hour and a half from the centre of the city. Buses from Adyar: 588 and 599 stop here. Fast Track and Ola cabs will cost you about 500 Rs from Chennai to here.
· For those travelling from outside Chennai: Nearest station is Chennai Central. A cab or bus can be taken from there; it’s a 2 hour ride to us from the station. We are on the ECR, straight down past Muttukaadu boat house. Travel time should be an hour and a half from the centre of the city. Buses from Adyar: 588 and 599 stop here. Fast Track and Ola cabs will cost you about 500 Rs from Chennai to here.
Arrival time – 8.45 am on 23th May 2017. The program finishes at 5.30 pm on 24th May 2017.
What to bring
· Notebook and Pen (If you like to take notes!!)
· Wear comfortable clothes
· Water bottle (Lots of Water!!)
· Binoculars (Can see a lot of birds!!)
· Closed shoes
· Mosquito repellent
· Any prescribed medications you are on.
· 23rd – Lunch, refreshments and dinner (Basic vegetarian food will be provided)
· 24th – Breakfast, refreshments and lunch
· Please inform the Zoo Educators on any food allergies.
· Listen to instructions from our staff.
· Handling of animals is not allowed during the program.
· Meals are based on self-service. Feel free to use the plates and cutleries set out, but please wash up after your meals.
· No footwear in the kitchen, AV Room and library.
· No leaving the campus at any time during the program unless prior permission is requested.
· Please stay in line of sight always.
· Photography during activities inside an enclosure is strongly discouraged.
· No swimming on the beach, the waves are rather unpredictable.